being fickle is ok...

(forgive me for generalizing, we = our generation)


I feel like we are all at the age where we don't know what the fuck we're doing, but we want to do it all.  We make plans one day, then the next they change or disappear.  For the longest time, I viewed this as not ok.  

I viewed it as giving up.  

The way I was raised, I was taught that once you picked something--you stuck to it until that goal was achieved.  "Mitchell's aren't quitters" they would always say. 

I am not a quitter.

Just because what I thought was the best path changed as I grew, and my plans changed as my needs and wants evolved, this does not qualify as quitting.  

My point in all of this, is being fickle is ok...

We're 20.  We don't need to have our lives figured out and know what road we're taking to the end.  
Even while driving, I take different routes just to see what happens, even if the destination is one I've visited a thousand times before.  

I don't have to take the road my parents taught me was correct,

I use the way they taught me to fill in the bigger picture and use that to supplement my journey.  Nothing is concrete, and we will get to where we want to go one way or another.

Of that, I am certain.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I posted this without a title :P

why i mostly write/speak in lowercase

preconceived notions